BSEE DEGREE REQUIREMENTS (48 units)
The BSEE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the ABET, Inc.
CORE COURSES (32 units)
Mathematics (4 units)
Engineering Analysis and Computer Proficiency (4 units)
Design and Communication (3 units)
Basic Engineering (5 units)
Basic Sciences: Physics and Chemistry (4 units)
Social Sciences and Humanities (7 units)
Unrestricted Electives (5 units)
ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING MAJOR (16 units)
Environmental Engineering Core Courses (12 units)
Technical Electives (4 units)
- Minimum of 3 units of Environmental Engineering technical electives must carry 100% of Engineering topic.
- The only courses in the BSEE Core Courses that are eligible for P/N option are the seven (7) social science/humanities and five (5) unrestricted elective courses. Only four (4) 100- or 200-level courses may be taken P/N to satisfy the 7-unit requirement in the social science/humanities. Courses taken abroad for a grade, but recorded by the Northwestern University Registrar as P/N, may be exempted from this requirement.
- A maximum of eight (8) P/N option units are permitted among 48 units required in satisfying the graduation requirement.
- Only 1 unit per quarter may be taken P/N during freshman and sophomore years.
- A minimum of 18 units of "Engineering Topics" from 48 units is required for the BSEE degree. Note that NOT every course from every department in McCormick is classified as engineering topic. Please consult with your advisor on courses classified as engineering topics.
- A GPA of NOT less than 2.0 is required for all units presented for the BSEE degree.